Good Catch™ Fish-Free Pasta
SEXY SOUTHERN SAUSAGE GRAVY AND BISCUITS
December 19, 2018
The sexiest sausage gravy and biscuits! We’re using Field Roast breakfast sausages to make a creamy, Southern-style white gravy and bringing fresh biscuits to the mix to soak it all up. This is a breakfast game-changer!
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ C chopped onion
- 1 t fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 package of Field Roast Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage, chopped
- 2 1/2 T plant-based butter
- 1/3 C AP flour
- 1 1/2 C almond milk, or other non dairy milk, unsweetened and plain
- 1/2 t fresh cracked pepper (or more depending on how peppery you enjoy it)
- 1 1/2 t sea salt
- 2 t freshly grated horseradish
- 2 fresh-baked vegan biscuits
- fresh parsley
- Heat a cast iron saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Place the onion and thyme into the pan and saute until softened stirring, about 3 minutes. Add the chopped sausages and plant-based butter and stir to coat. Lower heat down to medium heat.
- Add in the flour, sprinkling evenly over sausages and stir to coat. When the mixture begins to stick, slowly add the almond milk, stirring, or whisking continuously until well combined. Add extra almond milk in as needed. Season with the sea salt, black pepper and fresh horseradish using a microplane zester. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the sausage gravy over freshly baked biscuits, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Note: it is highly recommended to serve the gravy hot to avoid it thickening up quickly. If reheating leftover gravy, thin out with a touch more of non-dairy milk and adjust seasoning as needed.