August 28, 2018
Comfort food at its best! Field Roast Apple Sage sausages, pasta and kale get together to make this wicked hearty, wicked healthy dish. Perfect for weeknight dinners and full of flavor.
Today we’re going to toss Field Roast sausage slices in a blend of flour and nutritional yeast and give them a sear in a hot pan. This creates a wicked awesome texture that pasta, capers, wine and white beans can gather together for a party in saute pan. Check out what we did and try it out!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausages, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T onion granules
- 400 g dried Calamarata pasta
- ¼ C olive oil, divided
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C dry white cooking wine
- 2 T capers
- 1 C white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 C vegetable stock
- zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 bunch of Lacinato kale, ribs removed and chopped
- chile flakes, optional
- Place the Field Roast sausage slices into a medium-sized prep bowl. Combine the flour and nutritional yeast, then pour over the sausages and toss to coat.
- Cook the Calamarata pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Warm half of the olive oil into a large, flat-bottomed, stainless steel saute pan over medium heat. Transfer the sausages to the pan and saute until evenly browned. Transfer to paper towels.
- Warm the remaining olive oil in the same saute pan. Add in the onion and garlic and saute until slightly golden. Deglaze the pan with the cooking wine. Add in the capers, white beans, stock, zest, reserved cooked sausage slices, cooked pasta and kale. Stir gently to combine, allowing the kale to slightly wilt.
If your sauce thickens up too quickly and want to extend it, add ½-1 cup of the pasta water.
Transfer to bowls and serve immediately with chilie flakes.