WICKED EASY BLACK PEPPER + SRIRACHA TOFU
April 20, 2018
Somedays, the best food is what’s easiest to make. When you’ve had a long day or just don’t feel like following a bunch of steps, this one’s for you. You gotta be into spicy for this hot af tofu!
Cube your tofu, sprinkle and slather with coarse and fine pepper, then season with a little hit. Placing it into the hot pan will create a sear and the extra step of baking will make the insides all fluffy. Top with a squirt or ten of sriracha and smother in herbs to get yer greens in!
- Yield: 2 1x
- oil for the pan
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- 1 T black pepper, cracked
- 1/2 t black pepper, fine grind
- good salt, to taste
- sriracha, as much as you can handle
- green herbs like cilantro or basil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Get your pan wicked hot, add some oil to coat bottom pan.
- Dust both sides of tofu with liberal amounts of pepper, pinch of salt and sear on each side until golden and crisp.
- Place the entire pan into the oven and bake for five minutes.
- Serve with as much sriracha as you can handle and garnish with fresh herbs.