ROASTED PINK OYSTER PETAL STIR FRY
January 30, 2018
We’re bringing mushrooms to the stage. A stir fry filled with a rainbow veggies and some bangin’ shrooms. Look at these fun guys!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30-45 min
- Total Time: -27202838.033333 minute
- Yield: 2-4 1x
for the mushrooms
- 3 pink oyster mushroom clusters, pulled apart and separated into individual “petals”
- 2 T oil
- 1/2 t granulated garlic
- ¼ t red chili flakes
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- pinch of pepper
for the stir fry
for the rice
- 1 C white rice
- 1 ½ C water
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of salt
for the mushroom herbage
- leaves from one sprig mint, roughly chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- leaves from one sprig basil, roughly chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- one sprig of coriander, roughly chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 2 green onions, sliced on an angle
- 1 red jalapeno or fresno pepper, sliced on an angle
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ C low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 t agave nectar
for the stir-fry veggies
- 1 T oil
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- ¼ orange bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red cabbage, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 3 stalks broccolini, chopped
- ½ C baby corns, cut in half
- pinch coarse sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- small knob of ginger, about a teaspoon, peeled and minced
to prepare the mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Toss all mushroom ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread seasoned mushrooms evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from oven, set aside.
to prepare the rice
- While your shrooms are roasting, rinse rice in a strainer. Add all rice ingredients to a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Leaving the lid on, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
to prepare the mushroom herbage
- Toss all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until everything is well combined. Add the reserved mushrooms and gently toss again.
to prepare the stir-fry veggies
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- When skillet is hot, add both kinds of oil and tilt pan to spread oil evenly around.
- Add all veggies to the skillet except for the garlic and ginger.
- Keep vegetables moving in pan.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper. Add the garlic and ginger.
- Continue to stir vegetables and shake pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Add mushroom herbage bowl contents to skillet, and stir fry for another 3 minutes, keeping everything moving.
to finish and serve
- Spoon rice into a shallow bowl, and serve stir fry over rice.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Pan roasted these gorgeous clusters of pink oysters for maximum flavor and texture. Fire up the cast iron! Finish over the stir fry over a bed of rice. Or quinoa or noodles if you prefer.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!