PASTA A LA KALE DI GARLICO
January 28, 2018
Give us all the carbs and make it wicked simple!! Plant-powered dishes don’t have to be big, extravagant meals. In fact, our favorite meals are incredibly flavorful plates prepared from humble ingredients. Power up to the plants!
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 handfuls kale, stems removed, rough chopped
- handful flat parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 lb. or 454 grams fusilli pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 T plant-based butter
- juice from ½ lemon
- fresh cracked pepper
- plant-based parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan.
- Toss together kale, parsley, and garlic and add to pan and cook until wilted and seared.
- Season with salt and pepper add cooked pasta, melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and stir.
- Finish with fresh cracked black pepper and plant-based parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Massaging kale is a great way to soften up the texture, and so is sauteing it. We’re getting that kale all flavored up with lots of garlic and some herbage before calling in the squiggly noodles.
Spiral pasta is a fun shape that does a great job of catching all the flavors in every curl. Garlic, greens, lemon, and herbs all spiraling straight down your piehole to carb-load yo’ belly. Serve this with some fresh, crusty sourdough. Extra credit points if you turn it into sourdough garlic bread. Boom.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!