We hit the gym this morning for a kick ass work out. What better way to refuel than a wicked awesome smoothie? We’re loading tons of greens into the blender, alongside mineral-rich fresh fruits, and all the benefits of medicinal mushrooms. C’mon, you knew we were going to sneak in some shrooms.
January 22, 2018
- Yield: 3 1x
- 3 C loosely packed spinach
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 8 oz (225 grams) clamshell of fresh blueberries
- ½ C rolled oats
- ½ C flax meal
- ¼ C hemp hearts + extra for garnish
- 1 T reishi mushroom powder
- 2 C water
- 6 dates, pitted
- Add all ingredients (except for the dates) to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for a few minutes until everything blends together.
- Add dates and blend again, until everything is completely smooth.
- Pour into 3 glasses, and garnish with a sprinkle of hemp hearts.
This smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast, pre-workout prep, or post-workout recovery meal. Heck, it’s even a killer snack. This recipe will make a full blender so, by our calculations, you could pour it into 3 pint-sized mason jars … maybe to share with friends, maybe to seal up and keep to yourself for later.
However you decide to enjoy this smoothie, you’ve got your protein, greens, potassium, carbs, omegas, and healthy fats. Checking off all those boxes, all in one glass. Oh, and did we mention how delicious it is?
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!