January 21, 2018
Coffee, chocolate and … avocado?!? Check out this wicked awesome way to jazz up your morning coffee for a treat. We’re taking your joe and making it your breakfast too, turning it into a delicious, filling smoothie.
- Yield: 2 1x
- 5 T your favorite coffee, ground for french-press
- enough hot water to fill press
- 1 avocado, pitted, flesh removed
- 4 squares of your favorite vegan dark chocolate bar (save the rest of the bar for garnish)
- 2 small green serrano chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- ¼ C dates, pitted, soaked just to cover, overnight
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Make your french press as you usually do or use regular coffee, extra strong.
- Scoop avocado into a high-speed blender. Add chocolate bar pieces, serrano peppers and dates to blender.
- Press your coffee, then pour half into blender. Start the blender, and slowly increase speed, to combine all ingredients.
- As the blender is running and the ingredients have smoothed, add the rest of the french press.
- Pour Avocado Coffee into two glasses.
- Using a microplane rasp, grate the remaining chocolate over the top of the coffee. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
I’m sure everyone’s heard of the bullet coffee, here’s our rendition done with NO DAIRY. The addition of avocado to your coffee is going to turn up the flavor and texture of your morning cup. Dark chocolate and dates give this drink some sweetness, and a bit of peppers adds a little spicy kick, just enough to make your mouth water. However, don’t feel like you have to add the chilis, we’re a bit bonkers for the heat.
This is a great start to your morning before heading to the gym for a workout or yoga class. Lighter than a big breakfast, but giving you an energy boost as you dive into the day. We are using a french press to brew our coffee, if you have automatic drip or pour-over, go on and use your preferred brewing method.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!