BRUSSELS SPROUTS SLAW
January 18, 2018
More Brussels Sprout inspiration for you. You know we love our Brussels sprouts. We’ve been featuring them this month showing you all our favorite ways to enjoy them. We’ve got Nachos, Pizza, Buffalo Cauli, and now … slaw.
When you think of coleslaw, you might not be thinking of Brussels Sprouts. But who said cabbage should have all the fun? The flavor and texture of the shredded sprouts is perfect for slaw. And mixed up with a homemade sriracha dressing … it’ll keep you coming back for another bite!
- Yield: 2 1x
for the dressing
- ¼ C apple cider vinegar
- ¼ C plant-based mayo
- juice from 1 lime or lemon
- 2 T sriracha
- 2 t toasted sesame oil
- 2 t agave or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 t cumin
for the slaw
- 10 –12 Brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced wicked thin
- ¼ red onion, sliced wicked thin
- pinch coarse sea salt
- ½ t black and white sesame seeds
- ¼ English cucumber, sliced
- few leaves mint
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and red onion with dressing. Add remaining slaw ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Line bowl with cucumber slices. Spoon slaw over cucumber and garnish with mint leaves. Serve.
Serve this kicking slaw as a side salad, use it as a wrap filling, and definitely keep your eyes peeled for what else we’re using it for this week.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!