GRILLED PB & RASPBERRY SANDWICH
January 17, 2018
We love quick meals that pack in a lot of flavor, so grilled sandwiches are at the top of the list. Especially using ingredients you most likely have on hand. If you don’t have fresh raspberries, you can use frozen, or use bananas. Just make sure they are thawed out and use a paper towel to absorb as much liquid from them as possible before lining up on the PB.
- Yield: 2 1x
- a good quality peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 clamshell fresh raspberries
- a bit of dark chocolate bar
- your favorite plant-based butter
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- mint leaves, to garnish
- Add peanut butter to both slices of bread.
- Line up raspberries to cover one bread slice.
- Using a microplane rasp, grate or chop the chocolate into little bits and sprinkle on raspberries. Place the other slice of peanut-buttered bread on top of the raspberries to close the sandwich.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- When skillet is hot, add butter and spread around to coat pan.
- Place sandwich in butter and, while that is sizzling, spread butter on the top of the sandwich and season with a pinch of salt.
- After a few minutes, check the sandwich. When it is perfectly browned, flip and cook until both sides are to the same crispiness.
- Remove sandwich from heat, slice in half, and garnish with fresh mint.
You can also make this PB & Raspberry with rye, sourdough, pumpernickel, or a dense whole grain bread. With all those options, you’ll find a new way to love this toastie again and again.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!