BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER PIZZA
January 6, 2018
Spicy pizza number two for you because—let’s be honest—one pizza is never enough. You probably don’t even have any leftovers from the Harissa Aubergine & Kale Pizza. Yeah, that’s long gone.
This Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza is packed full of flavor and a spicy kick because plant food doesn’t have to be bland and boring.
- Yield: 2 1x
- handful of flour, for dusting your work surface
- pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 2 T of olive oil, divided
- ½ C or 125 ml Cheezy Sauce Recipe
- ½ C or 64 grams red cabbage leaves, chopped into large rectangles, tossed with oil
- ½ C or 100 grams cauliflower florets, chopped and tossed with 2 T of your favorite plant-based buffalo wing sauce
- Place a cast iron skillet into oven. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C to allow the skillet to preheat.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour.
- Pull, stretch, and work the dough into shape for your pizza crust.
- Using a potholder, remove the cast-iron from the oven, drizzle lightly with oil, and place dough in skillet, pressing the edges of the dough to the shape of the pan.
- Using a basting brush, lightly coat the surface of the dough with the remaining oil.
- Spoon Cheezy Sauce evenly over pizza dough. Top evenly with the chopped cabbage and buffalo florets. Drizzle any remaining buffalo sauce over everything.
- Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown, and toppings are roasted perfectly evenly across.
- Slice and serve immediately.