ROASTED BROCCOLI RABE + 10 WICKED HEALTHY THANKSGIVING DISH IDEAS!
November 21, 2016
As plant-pushers, we know holidays can be tough, although they don’t have to be. We think that if you know how to cook vegetables just right, you’ll have plenty to eat, and maybe even stir up some curiosity and interest about them at the table. We’re on a mission to show you that it’s easy with a little practice.
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1 lb. kale rabe, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 Thai chili peppers, sliced thin
- 1 clementine, sliced thin (dried orange slices will also work here)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a cast iron pan into an oven and allow it to heat for about 10 minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer to the hot cast iron pan and roast for 10-12 minutes, then serve immediately.
This dish is a great example of that, and uses one of our favorite vegetables, broccoli rabe. If you’ve never tried it before, it has a slightly bitter and nutty flavor, but we’ve balanced that out with a little acidity from a lime and clementine, a little hit of spice from Thai chilis and just the right amount of salt and pepper. The end result is a nicely seasoned dish with flavors that work well together, that show vegetables can taste great when prepared and cooked just right.
If you are looking for more ideas that can be served along with this one, we’ve selected 10 of our best recipes that fit the holiday season. From all of us at Wicked Healthy, we wish you and your friends and family a happy ThanksLiving!