SALT-N-PEPPER POTATO JAMMERS
July 10, 2016
You can keep the catsup for yourself if that’s what you’re into. Gimme gravy, miso, Ninja Squirrel Sriracha or kimchi mayo and I’m all over that sh-tuff! These Jammers are from the thicker steak fry lineage and are our homestyle healthier version that are wicked satisfying. A great addition to any beer (or non-beer) drinking barbecue, on their own or with steamed greens. Cold or hot it’s hard to resist these rustic wedges anytime of day.
Jammers, the word comes from wedging the doors of opportunity open, and keeping them open!
Potatoes, depending how they’re served, offer a nourishing, satiating and delicious side dish or main. They feed all our needs no matter what the occasion when done right. Tuck this recipe in your back pocket and have fun with it. Feel free to use sweet potatoes and other varieties as an option, different colors, different tastes, different herb combos, these exciting bad boys allow lots of play options.
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 4 medium Russet potatoes: skin on, scrubbed clean, use your brothers toothbrush
- 2 T rosemary, chopped small, front yard grown or store bought fresh
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 t canola oil for pan or parchment paper or spray oil
- 1 T salt, coarse grind, Jacobsen’s Sea Salt
- 1 tsp garlic, granulated
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 and cut each potato in half and then each half into third size wedges and place into a medium size bowl.
- Add oil and toss to coat, then sprinkle on seasoning and toss again to coat each piece. Seasoning will stick to oil and potatoes, we got you covered.
- Assemble evenly onto a 1/2 sheet pan or baking sheet and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and plate.
- Serve with fresh rosemary sprigs and your favorite dipping sauce. (not catsup)
This recipe is part of the Wicked Healthy BBQ Takeover that we are excited to team up on with Whole Foods Market … check out Part One of the series below!
The recipe for these Salt-n-Pepper Potato Jammers, featured in the video, is below. To get more of the recipes featured in the video, check out our other BBQ Takeover recipes: