TRUFFLE SPICED POPCORN
July 5, 2016
Shake it baby! Once you try this easy method for making truffle popcorn, you’ll never go back to that pre-made bagged crap. This wicked fresh and piping hot popcorn is kissed with a simple blend of rosemary, onion, hippy flakes and truffle oil that beats the chemical taste and aroma of that microwaved stuff. Buying pre-made or microwave popcorn makes no sense when it costs a fraction of the price to make it yourself at home. Plus, it tastes much better, and uses simple seasonings you can actually pronounce. It’s a little tricky to do at first, but our wicked easy method will turn you into a popcorn-popping pro in no time!
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 9 cups 1x
- 2 1/2 T grapeseed oil
- a bit less than ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 T truffle oil
- 2 T nutritional yeast (hippy flakes)
- ½ T onion granules
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- On medium heat, heat the oil in a large sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and add all kernels on an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover and count to 20 seconds. (Removing from the heat allows all of the kernels to be coated, as well as gets them all up to the right temp with the oil so they then can pop at the same time when placed back on heat.)
- After 20 seconds, place back on the heat, covered and shake the pan over the heat while still on the burner. The popcorn will slowly begin to pop. Once the kernels begin popping, crack the lid slightly to let out a small amount of steam.
- Continue shaking the pan over heat until you no longer heat the popping.
- Remove from heat immediately and pour all popcorn into large bowl.
- Drizzle with truffle oil, nutritional yeast, onion granules, minced rosemary and sea salt. Shake and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!