KOREAN STYLE FRIED RICE WITH RADISH KIMCHI AND CABBAGE
June 22, 2016
Cubed radish kimchi, or Kkadugi, can be found in any Korean market and Whole Foods or specialty grocer. Like standard Napa cabbage kimchi, Kkadugi is crunchy and it has a slight sweetness to it. Pairing it with slightly burned cabbage here provides a nice texture and flavor that plays well with the freshness of the cilantro, twang of the lime and the kick of heat from the jalapeno.
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 head of large cabbage, diced
- 1 clove garlic, karate chopped
- 1/2 jar cubed radish kimchi
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red jalapeno, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover brown rice
- cilantro sprigs
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime, quarter cut for squeezing
- Place a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add in the canola oil and diced cabbage and allow the edges to slightly burn.
- Add in the garlic, stir slightly and allow the cabbage ends to continue to burn. Dump in kimchi, sesame oil, jalapeno and brown rice. Wait a second, then stir.
- Once the rice is warmed through, remove the skillet from the heat and transfer to plates or bowls and top with cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste and a squeeze of lime and it’s good to go.