WICKED HEALTHY FAST FOOD REDO’S | PART TWO: DA WHOPPAH WITH CHEESE
June 19, 2016
We’ve taken some Standard American Fast Food Fare and flipped them to the Wicked Healthy plant powered side. Adult supervision is advised because we have some hardcore Plant on Plant action gone wild here, plant pushing style! And again WARNING these are definitely on the Wicked side, prepared strictly for fun to mimic and challenge ourselves to explore the possibilities of whether or not we could make plant based versions of American classics. We think you’ll agree the results went far above and beyond what we set out to prove. Have a look and try for yourself and we challenge any fast food chain to take this tasty ethical challenge to heart with this Wicked Healthy approach and add these to their menu. We’re here to help if you have questions or inquiries.
Next up we go across the street to the other big burger king for some flame broiling craziness, for an all-beefless (Gardein) patty, special sauce (sriracha+mustard), lettuce, (Chao) cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun. See what we did there? This fast food redo is not only super easy to make, it also shows that original classics can be re-made from plants to taste just as good (but we think even better). We love Gardein burgers on the grill the best, and how our special sauce slathered over it creates a sloppy, totally delicious burger … no drive-thru required!
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 1 1x
- Sesame Seed bun
- 1 Gardein Beefless Burger, flame grilled as directed on package
- 1–2 slices of Chao Cheese, Tomato-Cayenne flavor
- 2 slices ripe tomato
- 2 lovely leafs of green leaf or Bibb Lettuce
- 2–3 wicked thin slices of red onion rounds, rinsed and crisped (wicked thin = paper thin)
- 1 T 365 brand yellow mustard
- 1 T NON-GMO Ninja Squirrel Sriracha
- 2–3 slices of fresh dill pickles
- Clean and wash and slice lettuce and tomato.
- Grill Beefless burger to your liking.
- Add sliced cheese to burger to slightly melt right before removing from grill.
- Steam sesame seed bun for 15-20 seconds.
- Build the burger: bottom bun, burger with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, top bun with Ninja Sriracha and mustard and pickles nestled nicely on top.
We hope you enjoyed Part Two of our fast food redo’s. Check out Part One here! Please feel free to share this with all your friends, meat eaters and non alike and try these plant powered healthier versions for yourself. If we can make something like this wicked sexy and delicious why wouldn’t you switch?
Special thanks and credit to all our friendly neighborhood plant based products we used for our entertainment only. We’re grateful and happy to have choices and these guys are making it possible! THANK YOU!
Ninja Squirrel Sriracha (NON-GMO)
Got questions or comments don’t forget to check out what we’re about!
Special thanks to our good friends @HiramC (Hi C), Allen @Veganfoodshare and all our Plant Pushing friends for their constant support and inspiration.