WICKED HEALTHY FAST FOOD REDO’S | PART ONE: FILET AH PHISH
April 12, 2015
We’ve taken some Standard American Fast Food Fare and flipped them to the Wicked Healthy plant powered side. Adult supervision is advised because we have some hardcore Plant on Plant action gone wild here, plant pushing style! And again WARNING these are definitely on the Wicked side, prepared strictly for fun to mimic and challenge ourselves to explore the possibilities of whether or not we could make plant based versions of American classics. We think you’ll agree the results went far above and beyond what we set out to prove. Have a look and try for yourself and we challenge any fast food chain to take this tasty ethical challenge to heart with this Wicked Healthy approach and add these to their menu. We’re here to help if you have questions or inquiries.
Let’s begin. First up, the Filet Ah Phish. What makes this sandwich so great is how the steamed bun works so well with the texture of the fishless filets slathered in an amazing plant-based tartar sauce and prepared tomato-cayenne cheese. Trust us, after the first bite, you’ll see. These sandwiches are super easy to make at home, so there is no special trip required to get your fast food fix!
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Yield: 1 1x
- Sesame seed bun
- 2 pieces of Gardein Fishless Filets, cooked as directed
- 1 Slice Field Roast Chao Cheese, Tomato – Cayenne kind
- 1/4 C Just Mayo
- 1 T Dill relish
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Fishless Filets as directed on package. When complete, choose two pieces and cuddle them up next to each other.
- Prepare tartar sauce while filets are cooking by mixing both Just Mayo and relish well together.
- Gently place one slice of Tomato Cayenne Sliced Chao Cheese on top.
- Place back in oven for 1 -2 minutes until slightly melted.
- In steam basket, steam sesame seed bun for 15-20 seconds.
- Assemble sandwich: Smear a bit of tartar on the bottom bun, add the filets with melted cheese, add a smear of tartar to the top inside bun and snuggle it nicely on top of the filet.
We hope you enjoyed Part One of our fast food redo’s, stay tuned for more! Please feel free to share this with all your friends, meat eaters and non alike and try these plant powered healthier versions for yourself. If we can make something like this wicked sexy and delicious why wouldn’t you switch?
Special thanks and credit to all our friendly neighborhood plant based products we used for our entertainment only. We’re grateful and happy to have choices and these guys are making it possible! THANK YOU!
Ninja Squirrel Sriracha (NON-GMO)
Got questions or comments don’t forget to check out what we’re about!
Special thanks to our good friends @HiramC (Hi C), Allen @Veganfoodshare and all our Plant Pushing friends for their constant support and inspiration.