BAKED AVOCADO QUESO WITH CHARRED BEYOND MEAT
December 30, 2014
Baked Avocado – Queso with pulverized Beyond Meat, toasted gangsta garden Coriander seeds, (because we grew these in the front yard garden, illegal in some states) chili powder and cilantro, fresh Wicked Healthy cheez sauce, heirloom pico de gallo or regular salsa, crisp tortilla chips and maybe there’s a little Ninja Squirrel Sriracha for good measure after all spicy is wicked sexy!
This is a naturally calorie dense dish with avocado and nut ‘dairy’ -No added oils, gluten or bad attitudes were used in the making of this dish. Make at your own risk, people will love it and want more!
- Cook Time: minimal
- Total Time: minimal
- Yield: party size
- 10 Avocados, cut in half, seed removed and scored
- 2 Cups Wicked Healthy Cheez Sauce, made ahead of time
- 1 # Beyond Meat strips, shredded fine by hand
- 1 TBS Coriander seed, crushed and stove top toasted
- 1 TBS Chili Powder
- 4 Large Tomatoes, small dice
- 1 Small Red onion, small dice
- 1 Jalapeño, de seeded, cleaned and diced
- 1/4 cup Ninja Squirrel Sriracha (Found at all Whole Foods Markets)
- 3 Lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 bunch Cilantro, de-stem, split i bunch for salsa and Beyond Meat, save best leaves for garnish
- 1 TBS Salt, Maldon flakes, save most for finishing
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Prep the Beyond Meat by warming for 1 minute, makes shredding it easier. Shred into fine bits by hand and place in bowl. On stove top, heat large skillet or cast iron on medium heat. Add crushed cumin seed and garlic and then 1/2 of lime squeezed, pinch of salt and tsp of black pepper and sauté for one minute. Add Beyond Meat and cook for several minutes pressing into the pan to brown well. Come close to burning it and stir often, we’re looking for a crispy charred cooked texture. Remove from heat and set aside as topping.
- Prep the Pico in small mixing bowl with 6 of the bottom ingredients listed as the topping
- Assemble scored avocado halves on sheet pan
- Spoon Mac sauce to fill each avocado and lightly spread (try not to drip over edge)
- Bake Mac sauce filled avocados in a 350°F degree oven for 10 minutes to warm throughout, remove from heat
- Carefully add 1-2 tablespoons of charred Beyond meat and salsa to the top of each avocado before serving
- Add Ninja Squirrel Sriracha (as much as you want) and clean picked sprig of cilantro to each avocado half and sprinkle with salt flakes for garnish
- Serve with warm crisp tortillas and you’re good to go.