AVOCADO BURNT SALSA QUESO
December 21, 2014
Plant based Queso of the best kind!
Wanna make a healthier party type item that will thrill your guests? This is it!
- Yield: 1/2 avocado per person 1x
- 10 Avocados, cut in half, seed removed and scored
- 2 Cups Wicked Healthy Cheez Sauce, made ahead of time
- 8–12 Roma Tomatoes, Char grilled to burn the skin
- 6–7 Whole Garlic cloves, Grilled and toasty
- 1 jalapeño, grill burnt, de seeded, cleaned and diced
- 2 Lime, juiced
- 1 bunch Cilantro, de stem, chop 3/4 bunch, save best leaves for garnish,
- 1 TBS salt, Maldons flakes, add some to salsa, save some for finishing
- Prep everything ahead of time and add ingredients to food processor and blend to a chunky smooth
- Assemble scored avocado halves in hotel pan
- Spoon Mac sauce to fill each avocado and lightly spread (try not to drip over edge set them as even as possible or use a muffin tin to rest them in)
- Bake avocados in a 350°F degree oven for 10-12 minutes to warm throughout, remove from heat and begin topping
- Carefully add 1-2 tablespoons of salsa to the top of each avocado and garnish before serving
- Add clean picked sprigs of cilantro to each avocado half and sprinkle with salt flakes for garnish
Here is the link to the Wicked Healthy base cheez sauce.