WICKED HEALTHY BASE CHEEZ SAUCE
December 20, 2014
This is one of those mother sauces you can use as a base in many recipes.
We like big pictures for big ticket items like this.
Since we consider cooking exercise here’s a 20-30 minute work out! Did we mention it happens to be Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Sugar-Free, Oil-Free, so much free! Never mind that white sauce on the left thats for another time.
Here is the link to the previous recipe,
- 1 cup Cashews, raw
- 1 Cup garlic, whole cloves raw
- 1 Cup Carrot, fresh large chunks – add more or less for color
- 4-5 cups Water to boil in
- 24 oz. Soy Milk, unsweetened (may substitute for other unsweetened, non dairy alternatives) be mindful of flavors
- 1 TBS Miso, White
- 1 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- 1 TBS Salt, Kosher
- 1 tsp Black pepper, fine grind
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- In medium sauce pot add the first four ingredients, cover with water. Bring to slow boil on medium heat for about 10 -15 minutes, make sure all ingredients are cooked to be super soft and smush-able.
- Remove from heat, drain and rinse and add to wicked high speed blendah
- Start blending low and slow and increase speed as you add in nut/soy milk until fully incorporated and smooth. Blend high for 3-5 minutes.
Some shots of the preparation on this crazy plant pushing video filmed by the talented and wicked great guy, Ira Chute. What no one see’s in the video are all the squirrels out in the back!