WAKE & BAKE OATMEAL
December 9, 2014
Back to the oats and continuing on with the infamous Wake and Bake Oatmeal series, the new craze thats gonna be trending soon. We’re calling it here!
Wicked Healthy, filling and delicious is our mantra with these rolled little flakes of heart bliss! Fit for workout kings and couch potatoes and a great part of any morning. Imagine making this for your partner and how happy they’d be. I bet you’d get some if you served this. And – it’s wicked easy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 cup Organic rolled oats – you can soak the night before
- 2 cups water
- 1 Green apple, diced and kept in water with a squirt of lemon if your gonna let them sit (don’t want them to oxidize and turn brown)
- 1/2 Cup pistachios, raw & shelled and crushed or chopped
- 1 tsp. Agave, maple, coconut nectar or honey (for the Pistachios)
- 1 tsp. Brown sugar (for apple topping)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon (one for the oatmeal one for the apples)
- 1/2 cup Dry Aged Grapes or more commonly known as raisins.
- 1/2 of Yuzu, juiced (lemon is ok too)
- 1 mere wee little pinch of Maldon salt (for the Pistachios)
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg (optional)
- Heat oven to 350
- In small to medium sized Cast Iron skillet add water, oatmeal, cinnamon and vanilla and heat on stove top until it comes to a simmering boil then add to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until it looks done and water is absorbed stir mid way.
- remove from heat and add toppings
Caramelized Green Apple
- in small saute pan heat on med high heat / add diced apples and tsp of brown sugar and tsp of cinnamon and saute for 3-5 minutes stirring frequently.
- remove from heat and set aside. We’re looking for a soft yet still holding their shape consistency.
- In small oven safe pan mix crushed pistachios with tsp of liquid sugar and heat in oven for 5-10 minutes until toasty brown
- remove from heat and stir frequently so the nuts don’t stick to bad to the pan.
- Set aside for topping
Dry Aged Grapes
- add 1/2 of Yuzu or lemon, squeezed for juice to dry aged grapes and let sit for 10 minutes or more.
- Over night works wonders.
- set aside for topping.