WICKED THAI CHILI CREAMED CORN WITH COCONUT (VEGAN, OIL FREE)
November 20, 2014
We like to keep summer around as long as possible and nothing screams summer to us than ORGANIC, NON GMO corn which can be found at Whole Foods Market under their 365 brand in the frozen aisle. This dish is wonderfully satisfying, healthier, plant driven and warms the soul during the cold months. It’s also pretty darn good cold and is great for a summer side dish. We love it when we can use recipes year round. We promise this will be a winner.
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 bags frozen corn (mix it up with white and yellow)
- 1 # Yukon potatoes, cleaned, cut into 1 inch cubed diced
- 1 Large White onion
- ¼ cup garlic, whole cloves cut in half and boiled until soft
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Cups Vegetable stock, NOT the kind with tomato in it
- 1/3 tsp. Fresh grated ginger (or minced small)
- 1 TBS crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Thai chili peppers, diced – preferably the red ones
- 1 bay leaves, for after blended
- 2–3 twigs of mint, for after blended
- black pepper
- CUT and boil off Yukon potatoes with garlic, until tender, drain, rinse and set aside
- In large Sauce pot DRY sauté diced onions, splash a touch of veg stock if needed
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Add coconut milk, salt, pepper, garlic, and crushed red pepper
- Then Add 1 bag of frozen corn and bring back to a simmer
- Burr mix or blend this mixture into a creamy chunky consistency
- Add potatoes and 2nd bag of corn, bay leaves and chopped mint
- Bring slowly back to simmer stirring often
- Garnish with fresh mint and thai chili’s fresh or dried
Want to make it a soup that’s Chowdah like? add about 2 pints of vegetable broth instead of the amount shown below. Add less liquid for thicker consistency.
Wanna spice up your Oatmeal. add the leftovers to your next batch in the morning. Ya-Um!
Wanna piss off your friends, have them over for dinner and eat this in front of them while you serve them frozen pizza.