VANILLA CARDAMOM OATMEAL WITH TOASTY GRANOLA & RASPBERRY
November 13, 2014
We’re back and ready for breakfast oatmeal! And who the heck ever said that isn’t wicked sexy is crazy! Oatmeal, one of the lost treasures and over looked wonder bowls is making a huge come back and can prove to be one of the sexiest meals you eat all day. You can use steel cut or organic rolled oats here, while fresh raspberries and spices give it a nice aroma and flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup Organic Rolled Oats or Steel Cut if you have the time.
- 2 Cups water
- 1/4 Pint Fresh Raspberry
- ½ cup granola, your favorite kind, toasted in the oven for 5–10 minutes @350 degrees
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup Raspberry jam (fresh made or store bought)
- ½ Dark Raspberry Chocolate Bar, shaved
- 5–6 Cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 self filling tea bag
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Mint sprigs, garnish
- Bring water to boil in small sauce pot
- Crack and crush fresh cardamom seeds and place in tea bag and into heating water for a few minutes and remove (leave in loner for stronger flavor)
- Mix in oats, cinnamon and vanilla, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-10 minutes until oats are tender and are absorbed.
- Split evenly between two bowls / top with a dollop of fresh jam, fresh raspberries, toasted granola, chopped almonds and shave chocolate
We prefer the oats to be visible not mushy and sloppy looking. As long as it’s not watery you can decide when it’s done to your liking. It’s totally cool to soak the oats the night before for faster cook time just be careful not to burn it on a high heat.