COCONUT-GINGER CORN ON THE COB
May 29, 2013
Organic CORN takes the top of the list for most wanted in our wicked healthy book for summer time treats.
Some of our fondest memories as brothers are throwing emptied ears of corn at each other (we dont suggest that). Here’s a wicked easy recipe to enjoy hot or cold that’s sure to please.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30-45 min
- Total Time: -27670547 minute
- Yield: 3-5 1x
- 6 ears, Organic corn, shucked
- Crisp clean water
- 1 can of Organic Light coconut milk
- ½ bunch, fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lime (optional)
- Add all ingredients to medium size sauce pot, adding water just to cover the corn. Save the lime and some mint for garnish when plating and serving.
- Heat saucepot on med-low heat until it comes to a slow simmering boil (the lower and slower the heat = more flavor the cob with absorb)
- Cook for about 15 minutes more and let sit and serve from the pot if desired.
- Or Remove corn, strain broth with strainer and save the broth for soup later, either way save the broth it’s delish!
- Serve the corn with a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of broth in the serving bowl.
It’s up to you if you want to soak it ahead of time. It does help with intensifying the flavor and it sure as heck looks pretty, however, it’s not necessary.