CHILI SANS CARNE
January 28, 2012
Warms the belly and nourishes the soul – chili’s full name is chili con carne (“chili pepper with meat”) and is a traditional Spanish stew. This version is chili sans carne (“chili without animals”) for a lighter healthier version of the classic. This recipe is made in a crock pot – the housewife of the single man – so you can come home to a hearty healthy meal after a long day of work. Note: The crock pot will still make you do the dishes and take out the garbage after dinner.
- 1/2 onion
- frozen brussels sprouts
- mixed frozen veggies
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- cajun seasoning
- bbq seasoning
- granulated onion
- cumin and chili powder to taste
- Everybody in the pool. (Mix everything in the crock pot)
- Stir it up.
- After 6 to 8 hours, your meal’s done.
- Plate it up with a scoop of rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.