Make the dish that wins their hearts!
We read somewhere Cauliflower was trending, we always knew it was healthy for you. Cauliflower Health Properties. Wish folks would get with the times. Cauliflower has always been “trending” amongst the Wicked!
This dish is a sure fire winner pleasing any dinner or catering opportunity you have and it’s a smash hit left over ingredient for things during the week. Not to mention it’s naturally Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, mostly Oil-Free and definitely Attitude-Free. There’s something animalistic about breaking down a cauliflower too, the mere size and girth of them makes it fun and exciting to prepare and serve whole. Dudes take note and make this for your partner! Whole or pinwheel cut this beautiful flower cluster is the focus point of the night!
Yields: a good amount, enough for 4 with one head. Or two brothers like us.
Prep & Cook time: About 90 minutes. best to do ahead of time if possible.
1 – 2 Small to medium size Cauliflower, washed, rinsed and bottom trimmed so it stands evenly
1 Pint Wicked Healthy Cheez Sauce http://wickedhealthyfood.com/wicked-healthy-base-cheez-sauce/
1 tsp Jacobsons Kosher Salt http://jacobsensalt.com/
1 tsp Calabrian Chili flakes http://www.spiceace.com/calabrian-chile.html
1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
1/2 tsp Pink peppercorns, fresh ground
1/2 tsp Black pepper, fresh ground
1 tsp Fresh thyme chopped and few sprigs for garnish
1) Make the Cheez Sauce
2) Clean and prep the Cauliflower mentioned above
3) In medium bowl add Cheez Sauce and whisk in Smoked Paprika
4) Dip whole heads face down in sauce to make sure to cover the whole top, leave bottom dry/unsauced if possible
5) Place coated Cauliflower on baking pan spaced evenly apart
6) Sprinkle Peppers, Salt and Calabrian Chili flakes evenly on tops
7) Roast in 350 oven for 60 – 75 minutes or until cooked throughout (check doneness by piercing with a skewer to make sure its cooked through)
8) Remove from oven and let cool before slicing into wedges
9) For optimal garnish. Leave one head whole and organize wedges around it with fresh Thyme
Leave the bottom un sauced to help prevent burning to the pan.
Place in center of baking sheet and space evenly if doing more than one.
After it’s cooled a bit slice it like a pie from the top down for the pinwheel platter. It’s functional and purty!
Try serving whole roasted just like this for that wow effect!