Did you know that eggplants are considered brain food? Research on eggplant has focused on an anthocyanin phytonutrient found in eggplant skin called nasunin. Nasunin is a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that has been shown to protect cell membranes from damage. In animal studies, nasunin has been found to protect the lipids (fats) in brain cell membranes. Cell membranes are almost entirely composed of lipids and are responsible for protecting the cell from free radicals, letting nutrients in and wastes out, and receiving instructions from messenger molecules that tell the cell which activities it should perform. So eat up and become an egg head!
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 jar favorite tomato sauce
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 eggplant, roasted
- 1/4 wine
- 1 package Whole wheat pasta
- Blend the roasted eggplant, red peppers and garlic in blender.
- Heat the onions with wine add blended mixture and tomato sauce.
- Warm and mix well, add to cooked pasta.. wicked easy! Wicked good and wicked filling!